Friday, June 6, 2014

40 Prayers for my Husband: His Mind




When I wrote this series it was for my husband specifically,  BUT, due to the overwhelming response in the last 5 days I realize I didn't think through the title of it very well. 

I should have named it "40 Prayers for Your Husband" or "40 Prayers to Pray Over Your Husband" or something of the sort! 

I will not change the title, but I pray you will pray these prayers for with me, for your husband, claiming each prayer as your own and adding to it as the Spirit leads. 

Also, there is a print this button on the left side. You may print any of these prayers to use for your own use.

Moving on to regularly scheduled programming! 


"All day long I have held out My hands
to an obstinate people,
who walk in ways not good,
pursuing their own imaginations"
~Isaiah 65:2~

Are we a people who pursue our own imaginations? Our own thoughts? Letting them run wild and untamed?

How easily we can be led astray of we don't take captive every thought to make it obedient to our Lord. All sort of evil comes from uncontrolled minds: fear, depression, exhaustion, temptation, anger and bitterness to name a few. All are diseases of the mind, games played by the enemy. Today I pray over my husband's thoughts commanding away any stronghold the enemy may have or plan to have.

Join me! Let's we join hearts and pray for our husbands.

Prayer #6. His Mind

Dear Jesus, our thoughts can be deceptive. Most often put there when we let our feelings reign. But You know and discern of the thoughts and intents of our hearts. (Hebrews 4:12) Do not let my husband walk in ways that are not good, pursuing his own thoughts and imaginations (Is. 65:2) Instead make him wise and discerning with a mind like Christs (1Cor.2:16), weighing his thoughts with the truth of Your word.
Father, we know those who live according to sinful nature have their minds set on what nature desires. (Ro.8:5) We also know this about evil minded people: because they didn't think it worthwhile to retain knowledge of You, You gave them over to a depraved mind and they were filled with all kinds of wickedness, becoming senseless, faithless, heartless and ruthless people. (Ro.1:28-31) I stand in faith praying You will not give my husband over to depraved thoughts which will result in all kinds of diseases of the mind. I proclaim You have not given my husband a spirit of fear; but of power and love and a sound mind. (2Tim1:7)
I pray my husband will not be conformed to any pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of his mind (Ro12:2) Taking captive every thought and making it obedient to You (2Cor.10:5) so that he will be able to test and approve what is your good and perfect will in all circumstances. (Ro.12:2) 
Lord, I lift my husband to You to be made new in his thoughts. Convict him and enable him to stand against the wiles of the devil when an attack is made upon his mind. Help him to stand strong, being clear minded and self-controlled so He can hear You when he prays. (1Pet.4:7) May he think only on things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely - whatever is admirable or praiseworthy, so that the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will be able to further guard his heart and his mind in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:8,7) Amen.

"those who live in accordance with the Spirit
have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
The mind of sinful man is death,
but the mind controlled by the Spirit
is life and peace."
~Romans 8:5-6~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take a virtual coffee break for your homemaker's heart! Visit the top right side bar and join today!



No comments :

Post a Comment