Monday, May 19, 2014

S.W.A.G.: She Exudes Gentleness



A submissive wife adorned with grace exudes gentleness. She oozes of a gentle mild mannered character.

synonyms of gentleness:
sympathetic, understanding,
humane, merciful, serene,
mild, sweet-tempered

Sometimes to better understand what something is we need to look at what it is not.

antonyms of gentleness:
outspoken, obnoxious,
callous, heartless, brutal,
blunt, atrocious

I don't much like what gentleness is not.

A gentle wife is a breath of fresh air to her husband. She graces him with "hospitality without grumbling", (1 Peter 4:9), understanding without manipulation. 

She is confident without being outspoken, 
                   decisive without demanding, 
                   gracious without expectancy, 
                          reserved without disdain.

She adorns herself with "a gentle and quiet spirit which is of great worth in Gods sight", (1 Peter 3:5), making herself beautiful to all those around her.

"Let your gentleness
be evident to all."
~Philippians 4:5~

A gentle woman has a quietness, stillness or peaceful confidence about her. She is not hurried, loud, obnoxious, short-tempered or quarrelsome.

She speaks with all 
"gentleness and respect, 
keeping a clear conscience" 
(1 Peter 3:15-17)

A gentle and quiet spirit comes when our hope is not in ourselves or of this world, but in God and His Spirit at work in us.

She has done as Peter said,

"In your heart
set apart Christ as Lord."
~1 Peter 3:15~

Because of her security in holding on to an eternal perspective she is able to remain serene while stressed, understanding while frustrated, responding gently and graciously to those around her.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Take a virtual coffee break for your homemaker's heart! Visit the top right side bar and join today!


You might also like these characteristics of a SWAG....

16 comments :

  1. Hi Kaylene- Do you mind adding this to your link-up? Thanks!:) Please mention you are linking-up with Katie Reid for #inspireandgrow in your post and link them back to the instructions (http://www.echoesofmyheart.com/2/post/2014/04/1.html), thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thank you for the reminder. You are also mentioned on my blog hop page! Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Kaylene, I appreciate it!:)

      Delete
  2. It's amazing to me how just reading about gentleness puts a quieter spirit inside me. Such truth: "A gentle and quiet spirit comes when our hope is not in ourselves or of this world, but in God and His Spirit at work in us."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not gentle by nature, but learning daily that gentleness is powerful! Very powerful! Blessings!

      Delete
  3. What beautiful qualities to have...And, I have noticed that when I behave in a manner that is gentle, the reaction of my husband (and anyone) is also gentle. Thank you for this wonderful reminder.

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! We become like those we are around. Let's step the temperature and others will follow!

      Delete
  4. Yes, there is a lot of power in a gentle spirit. It's something we have to be determined to hold on to in our harsh world which tends to value the obnoxious and the outspoken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaylene...somehow God always leads me to click on your posts. And I am never disappointed. Very good words here. Thanks so much. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila! To Him the glory! Glad you find encouragement in what He puts on my heart & pen. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't much like what gentleness is not, either. Although, I must say, that being confident without being outspoken is one I find varies on the circumstance. Like every activity under heaven, there is a time to speak out and a time to be silent. But I like the way you provide definitions here. Sure gives the heart something to ponder.

    Nice to see you at Unforced Rhythms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! There is a time to speak and a time to keep silent. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Oh, how I long to be this woman. I've been walking with Jesus for over 25 years now and I'm so thankful that, as I continually surrender my will to His, He's faithful to continue to shape me into the woman He wants me to be. I'm closer now than I was years ago, but some days it still seems I have so far to go. Love the encouragement you shared in today's post!
    So glad I saw your post at "Essential Thing Devotions"!
    ~Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candy! Thank you for reading. Yes, we are ever growing in Him. He is so good and gracious!

      Delete